Friday, April 3, 2009

Haunting Interstates

Is this where the interstate ends? In coastal towns like these?

Jamming a playlist.  2am, driving. Only one awake.

Its a funny, but misplaced feeling. 

I get this solitary feeling while driving late in the wee hours of the morning, and while I'm performing with my band for a small group of disinterested people.  

It's like I'm a ghost.  When I'm at the show I get this feeling of wanting to be noticed, but nobody does.  Everything is in slow motion.   When I'm driving in the wee hours of the morning, it's like I have no sense of time.  

Sometimes I exist in a state of confusion, perhaps like being stuck in a dream.  While I'm gone, I feel like everyone I know at home is thinking about me like I'm gone and never coming back.   Traveling dark lonely roads, nothing but the sound of the engine and the wind hitting the van, the singular headlights and trailer lights, and darkness we blow through at 70mph.

In the end, its all worth it with the high hopes of getting somewhere with it, growing as a band, and moving further with our conjoined career.  

Keep the engine fired up.  It's time to do some driving.

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment